Thursday, August 21, 2014

Wow. I.... find it rather hard to respond.

So I'm sure some of you have heard about the James Foley, a reporter in Syria, beheading via ISIS.  It was an incredibly grisly death, done with a small knife.  Of course, I won't post the video on here.  I MYSELF don't want that in my head.  From what I am aware, though, the video is rather easy to find.  Watch with caution though.

Either way, he was being held for ransom for $132 million dollars.  Pocket change to the government.  Yet they refused to pay it, letting James Foley die.  Then the government is, from what it seems, surprised and outraged they actually did it.  How many people has ISIS killed now?  Why would they be surprised?  Better yet, why didn't they just pay the ransom?!

Who knows.  Maybe there were circumstances that couldn't be helped.  Or perhaps it was the governments pride.  It is impossible to tell whether they mean the truth or not, as they lie through one face and speak truth out the other.  Of course, the latter is remarkably silent.

James Foley had been covering the news over in Syria before being abducted by ISIS.

The CNN cover of the story.

I do believe though that we should pay our respects, in whatever way you may do so, to James Foley.

R.I.P. James Foley


No comments:

Post a Comment