Friday, May 2, 2014

Thank you for the consideration, system.

Written by AnonyMouse

Hello again!  This time, the topic isn't so much just about Byhalia High school, so much as the whole system.

My mother and I will be going to court soon.  Do you know why? Because I missed too many days.  We explained to the school why we did too.  My grandmother died and my Grandfather almost did as well. I also got very ill for a little while. In total, I had missed 13 days in one school year.

So, as a result, the sheriff showed up at our door looking for me, a 15 year old girl.  I woke my mother up and told her. The sheriff  gave us both separate papers with envelopes attached. They were a summons to court.

Now, I realize that this happens a lot.  However, we don't have a lot of money at the moment.  Not only that, but a few days had been tacked on to my missed school days from the days mom spent taking me out of the school.  When she had called about it, they said that the summons had already been sent and that they could not rescind it.  She wouldn't be charged, but she would still have to pay court fees.

Wait, did we hear that right?  She has to pay a painful amount of money because they messed up?  Yes. You heard that right.  Not only that, but she'll go to jail if she doesn't pay for their mistake.  What is the moral of the story here?  The system works to make the poor more poor, and the rich even richer.

No comments:

Post a Comment